English in Use is a two–level series of books designed for primary and post primary levels. The series aims at teaching grammar, vocabulary and all the four skills of English to students of class 1 to 8. The series follows communicative approach to language teaching.
Main Features of the series:
- Explains and illustrates the grammatical items in simple and clear English.
- Is carefully graded to suit the interests and cognitive levels of learners at each stage.
- Teaches grammatical items by exposing students to interesting and authentic language activities/ tasks such as conversations, newspaper reports, comic strips, advertisements, poems, magazines, recipes, biographical accounts, narratives etc.
- Uses a wide variety of exercise types/tasks and activities.
- Prepares students to describe people, places and things, scientific and industrial processes, and write notices, messages, postcards, invitations, letters, stories and essays.
- Uses both verbal (notices, newspaper cuttings, advertisements, letters, notes and outlines) and visual stimuli (pictures, graphs, maps, posters etc.) to encourage students to produce effective and interesting pieces of writing.
- Includes an appendix giving a list of irregular verbs with their forms.