GATEWAY, a series of 22 textbooks for primary and post-primary classes, has been designed according to the latest English language and literature curricula of various school boards across the country. The series promises to develop among learners effective communication skills in the English language. It comprises Main Course Books, Workbooks and Literature Readers and Teacher’s Manual.
- Provides ample opportunity to develop correct pronunciation, stress and intonation and conversational skills
- Includes listening and speaking activities that aim at developing learner’s fluency in basic interpersonal communications and higher-level academic engagements
- It contains a variety of innovative exercises including MCQs, crosswords, puzzles, vocabulary webs, etc.
- Develops writing skill in learners through stages such as brainstorming, organizing ideas, preparing the first draft and final draft after self and peer editing
- Helps learners acquire skills of data collection, interviewing, analyzing and presenting information systematically and effectively
- Draws on a wide range of materials, e.g., fairy tales, adventure stories, stories from Indian mythology and other cultures; stories having social themes, poems and short plays, reports, interviews, biographies, travelogues, etc.
- Follows a learner-centered approach both in content and approach
- Attempts to teach grammar through authentic and real-life situations
- Provides lucid and concise definitions of grammatical terms
- Gives practice in developing dictionary skills
- Includes Teacher’s Book that provides suggested answers for the benefit of teachers/parents to guide the learner
- Has a variety of activities/tasks for formative and summative assessment